[Smtk-developers] Environment management

TJ Corona tj.corona at kitware.com
Thu Apr 5 11:01:36 EDT 2018

Hi David,

> Is there a way to import the various environments (smtkOperationEnvironment, etc) in python?

There is nothing yet, but that was just an oversight.

Since access to the singletons in smtk::environment are wrapped, none of the other stuff needs to be. I’ve created a mockup <https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/smtk/merge_requests/1095> of one way to force the import of a session’s environment, but I’m open to ideas.

> am I expected to use some python dlopen equivalent to load them

I think the mockup looks a little cleaner to the end-user than dlopen.

Sincerely,
T.J.