[Smtk-developers] Environment management

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Apr 5 11:22:30 EDT 2018

Hi TJ,

>> am I expected to use some python dlopen equivalent to load them
>
> I think the mockup looks a little cleaner to the end-user than dlopen.

I've commented on the mockup[1], but to expand a bit here... there's a lot of boilerplate code for both the environment and its C++ wrapper that belongs in a CMake macro. But otherwise, I much prefer your mockup to the vagaries of Python ctypes (which appears to be the recommended dlopen interface in Python).

	David

[1]: https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/smtk/merge_requests/1095/diffs