[Smtk-developers] Operator results with mesh changes

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri May 12 14:19:09 EDT 2017

Hi TJ,

> Just curious: why do you want to store the collection’s URL in the operator result? A collection holds its read and write locations, and you are free to change the collection’s write location (I think you automatically do so when you write a collection to disk).

Because I would like to be able to perform existence/location tests on the client for CMB v4. There is not a way for operator views to do a trial run of an operation on the server without triggering the result-handling stuff which prevents the "save smtk model" operator from running on the server. If the client and server have a different mesh manager, then the collections must have different FileLocation information. I was under the impression that the mesh manager tracked collections and meshsets on the client but did so without copying actual mesh data. Is that not so?

	Thanks,
	David