[Smtk-developers] Operator results with mesh changes

TJ Corona tj.corona at kitware.com
Fri May 12 17:43:19 EDT 2017

> Because I would like to be able to perform existence/location tests on the client for CMB v4.

Ah, that’s a very good reason! I’ve cc’d Robert because he’s the guy to ask, but I can give you my version of an answer.

smtk::mesh currently supports two “interfaces”: Moab and Json. The Moab interface is the one that runs on the server, has the database, and does all of the actual work. The Json interface runs on the client, and it nulls out the database calls and only carries metainformation about mesh collections, mesh sets, etc. It looks as though these two are kept in sync somewhere in SaveJson, but the code is rather squirrely (maybe try SaveJSON::forManagerMeshes? The mesh info gets updated if JSON_MESHES is one of the flags passed to SaveJSON::forManager). Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
T.J.

Thomas J. Corona, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.