[Smtk-developers] A familiar error

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Aug 3 10:22:08 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 18:12:06 -0400, John Tourtellott wrote:
> Follow-up question: do we need to do anything for *developer* builds with
> Qt5? I suspect not, but I am getting a non-fatal QXcbConnection error when
> closing some dialogs, and I see that libqxcb.so is one of the
> "install/plaforms" libs.

No; that set is only used when making packages. Qt should be building
all of your platform libraries. Do you see a libqxcb.so in the developer
install?

> QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 4506, resource id:
> 7700468, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0

This could be an X problem too. Though I see at least one project has
decided to just suppress it:

    https://github.com/GNS3/gns3-gui/commit/116cf557581b20c4d8fd76dbcf9598a6f3853ce2

It also looks like it could be an application error (trying to use the
dialog after it has closed?):

    https://github.com/i3/i3/issues/2540

--Ben