[Smtk-developers] Is RGG requried by SMTK's vtk extension?

John Tourtellott john.tourtellott at kitware.com
Thu May 3 11:51:07 EDT 2018

We recently pushed MR !1108
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/smtk/merge_requests/1108> to remove some
RGG dependencies and change the default SMTK__ENABLE_RGG_SESSION to "off",
however I just learned that RGG is much more tightly coupled into to SMTK
that I realized. In particular, the vtk extension file
vtkAuxiliaryGeometryExtension.cxx uses RGG code, so that the vtk extension
is dependent on the rgg extension. I have not looked into this in any
detail, as I am trying to get a build ready for SLAC this afternoon, but I
want to pose the question

   - Can re revise the vtk extension to *not* be dependent on rgg?
   - If not, then I'll update the CMake files to make this dependency
   explicit.