[Smtk-developers] An idea for connecting SMTK sessions

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Jun 20 10:22:37 EDT 2017

Hi TJ,

> ... The idea of implicitly converting models between sessions would allow operators to convert models prior to execution, but is probably a bad idea (for the reasons Bob and David gave).

It's not the conversion that's a bad idea. It's the implicit part. But that doesn't mean the conversion couldn't be explicit and yet automatic. However, we must be careful to expose it in a user-friendly and understandable way. Even exposing operators for the current session is something that needs work in ModelBuilder before I am happy, so this seems like a secondary goal for now, but one I am interested in.

	David