[Smtk-developers] Unhappy dashboards

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Jul 5 13:53:21 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 11:00:39 -0400, David Thompson wrote:
> I take that back. Apparently, the buildslave page does not report
> pending builds and there are pending builds requested (at least
> https://buildbot.kitware.com/builders/smtk-junction-osx-shared-release%2Bpybind11
> ).

This is because builders have pending builds. Builders can go to many
buildslaves which is why buildslaves don't list pending builds (we set
it up so that there is only one available slave per builder, but that is
not a "normal" use case).

> So, if you log in to junction, what does "ps ax | grep buildslave"

pgrep ;) .

> say? Is it a zombie process or just not started? Do you know if Ben
> was using launchctl to start the buildslave?

All macOS machines use launchctl. Bob's run them as system daemons since
they have other users log in at times whereas all the others are
dedicated buildbots and run it as a daemon.

--Ben