[Smtk-developers] Ubuntu 16.04 + Quadro M2000M (maybe Linux) NVIDIA driver does not work with CMB ?

Haocheng Liu haocheng.liu at kitware.com
Tue Apr 4 10:11:10 EDT 2017

Hi,

Recently I upgrade my NIDIA driver to 370.28, ModelBuilder refuses to open
the application with an error message as "core dumped"(Cannot initialize
OpenGL window). After some trial and error, I found a work-around solution
as:

   - Using* Nouveau display driver* from xserver-xory-video-nouveau for the
   video card
   - run application in cmd as: "*LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
   ./your-path-to-application*".

Without setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE, you would get an error message as:
intel-do-flush-locked-failed-input-output-error
<http://askubuntu.com/questions/170668/intel-do-flush-locked-failed-input-output-error>
when
trying to assign a color to model entity in ModelBuilder. It's said to be a
bug with UXA and SNA acceleration.
<https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=140103>

--
Best regards