[Smtk-developers] [Cmb-users] Dealing with passwords in attributes

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Feb 1 11:46:54 EST 2016

Hi John (and Yumin),

I think the boolean is too restrictive; we will almost certainly come up with other roles that require special processing. (I am thinking of roles related to how input is accepted but that are not UI-specific. For example, indicating that a DoubleItem should be a point on a surface instead of in the interior; that informs the UI that a point selector will work but does not specify UI elements to achieve it.)

So in that sense, I agree with Yumin that a single boolean is too narrow. However, I do not think there needs to be a separate class just for passwords (or any other role).

	David