[Smtk-developers] [Cmb-users] Dealing with passwords in attributes

John Tourtellott john.tourtellott at kitware.com
Mon Feb 1 10:12:21 EST 2016

I would vote for modifying StringItemDefinition to add either a boolean
flag (IsPassword) or maybe a "type" enumeration with 2 choices (Text,
Password). To me, the closest analog is the html <input> element, which has
a "type" attribute that can be set to *many* different values -- e.g.,
button, checkbox, color, date, file, hidden, radio, url -- as well
as"password" and the default "text". As for the many other "type" choices,
the ones relevant to simulation preprocessing are already handled
differently in SMTK; so I would go for the boolean flag.