[Smtk-developers] Polygon question

Robert Michael O'Bara bob.obara at kitware.com
Sat Sep 19 23:59:39 EDT 2015

Hi David,

The situation you described would be invalid for 2d domains.  Either there is the one large polygonal model face or there are two.  To have all three would mean that a point in space would be "owned" by more than one model entity.  If we were modeling a 3D contact type of problem then a spatial point could be owned by more than one model entity; however, those model entities could not belong to the same topological "network".

Does that make sense?

Bob

Sent from my iPad