[Smtk-developers] qtModelOperationWidget

Robert Michael O'Bara bob.obara at kitware.com
Sun May 3 15:57:25 EDT 2015

Hi Folks,

I have a conceptual question concerning how Views work w/r operators:

Who creates and maintains the attribute system which contains all of the operator attribute specifications?

qtModelOperationWidget (through setCurrentOperation) - modifies the root view by adding an instance view for the operator - does this ever get deleted?

It looks like the root view is never processed by the qtUIManager - only the instanced is processed - Am I correct?  If I am, why?
Now that we can add new qtViewWdigets to the UI Manager - do we need to create a operator specific qt view class?

Thanks!

Bob

Robert M. O'Bara, MEng.
Assistant Director of Scientific Computing

Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Suite 101
Clifton Park, NY 12065