[Smtk-developers] Python error with SMTK in custom application

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jan 20 13:40:25 EST 2015

Thanks for your prompt reply, David. I suspect you may be on the right
path with (3). I'll get back to that later today and will see if I can
figure it out.  My inline responses follow for your reference.

> 1. What platform are you running on?

Linux, Ubuntu 14.04

> 2. You said "the project doesn't build with master". Is the above a compilation error? If so, what target was building?

No, I meant that project cannot use git/master SMTK. It has to use the
specific SHA I specified for details unknown to me. Evidently, the
SMTK API has changed since this app was developed.

> 3. Are you able to run a python interpreter with the same environment as your project's executable and try "import smtk" with a new SMTK? Is it a problem loading the library or does the library get loaded properly? Can you add ${CMB_SUPERBUILD_DIR}/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages to your PYTHONPATH and see if "import shiboken" runs properly (without first importing smtk)?

I'll follow up with this later today and let you know.

Thanks.