[Smtk-developers] Question about tessellation info

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Mon Nov 3 22:49:52 EST 2014

Hi Dave,

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM, David Thompson <david.thompson at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've pushed changes to the smtk/model/Tessellation class *and* the test
> data repo. The JSON storage for tessellation information has changed. It is
> mostly compatible with ThreeJS but extends the format to include support
> for polylines and vertex cells. Be aware that any JSON files you have
> outside of the SMTKTestData repo will probably cause trouble for the
> modified vtkModelSource/vtkModelMultiBlockSource classes.

Thanks. I know that's tons of work.

> Yumin, I've also updated the discrete bridge to take advantage of the new
> tessellation format... please verify that it works for you in ModelBuilder.

I merged your changes with my local smtk branch which contains the
vtkCmbMoabReader, and now I can load a moab (.exo) file into
ModelBuilder(v4) with its geometry shown. Unfortunately, parts of the
geometry are misplaced.

Also, now the geometry of cmb files is not displayed properly (actually,
most of the geometry is missing). In my local branch, I added the "import"
of vtk files in discrete bridge, it is now broken too with similar problem
as loading cmb files.

I can show you the problem tomorrow morning if you have time.

Yumin