[Smtk-developers] JSON in SMTK

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Sep 15 09:18:14 EDT 2017

Hi Bob,

> Sounds like a plan - I’d say lets go ahead - unless anyone has any questions/objections.

OK.

> I’m wondering if the same mechanism you used to have it understand UUID would work with our other objects (attributes, models, etc..)?  We would still need to have the ability to deal with different versions when storing the JSON info in files.

Since the serializers are template specializations, if they are only available in one specific implementation file (tied to a particular version), then that implementation file will serialize/deserialize differently. So it seems feasible to use the helpers to control how SMTK objects get saved.

	David