[Smtk-developers] Python wrapping

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Sep 14 17:50:14 EDT 2017

Hi TJ (at al.),

I'm having problems running the script to generate Pybind11 bindings after making some changes to smtk::model. The generate_pybind11_module.py script dies because it cannot find moab includes. Adding additional "-I" arguments to specify where the extra headers exist does not seem to work, nor does passing in CXXFLAGS environment variables like so:

  cd /path/to/SMTK/source
  export CXXFLAGS=" -I/Stage/Build/cmb/common-superbuild/install/include"
  python2.7  utilities/python/generate_pybind11_module.py  \
     -I /path/to/build/dir  -i smtk/model -o /tmp/pybind11 -m smtk.model -s `pwd`

Do you have an example of how to run the script? The docs[1] don't go over the options or how to handle missing includes.

	Thanks,
	David

[1]: http://smtk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/userguide/bindings/generating-pybind11-bindings.html

The error message is:

INFO Parsing source file "/path/to/smtk/model/AttributeListPhrase.h" ...
In file included from /path/to/smtk/model/AttributeListPhrase.h:14:
In file included from ./smtk/model/DescriptivePhrase.h:14:
In file included from ./smtk/mesh/MeshSet.h:17:
In file included from ./smtk/mesh/CellSet.h:18:
In file included from ./smtk/mesh/Handle.h:17:
./smtk/mesh/moab/HandleRange.h:20:10: fatal error: 'moab/EntityHandle.hpp' file not found
#include "moab/EntityHandle.hpp"
         ^
1 error generated.