[Smtk-developers] Tests in CMB

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue May 30 15:32:23 EDT 2017

Hi Jie,

Below is a list of polygon-session functionality that would be nice to test in ModelBuilder. If there are things that aren't clear, please let me know.

It would also be nice to test the model-entity to attribute association widgets, but that will take some thought as to how to verify the results.

	David

+ "Faces - Create All"
    + Create a face from a single edge loop
    + Create multiple, disjoint faces from several edge loops.
    + Create nested faces from several edge loops.
    + With overlap:
        + Create overlapping edge loops
        + Run the "Geometry - Clean" operator on all edges
        + Run "Faces - Create All"
        + Select some faces in the tree view so that the
          test image shows the tessellation is proper (non-overlapping)
    + Using elevation data:
        + Run "Model - Add Image" and choose dem/ChesapeakeBay100x100.vti data in the CMB test repo
        + Create edges with "Edge - Create from Contours"
        + Create all faces
    + Using image data:
        + Run "Model - Add Image" and choose image/geotiff/Aerial_utm.tif data in the CMB test repo
        + Create edges with "Edge - Create from Image Surfaces"
        + Use "Edge - Create Interactively" and "Edge - Create from vertices" to create a closed loop for the largest section.
        + Run "Faces - Create all"
        + [Extra Credit]: Also test saving/loading image mask and line data in the "Edge - Create from Image Surfaces" step.
+ "Edge - Split"
    + Load in an SMTK polygon model from the CMB test repo (we should put a couple more modern ones there)
      that has faces.
    + Run "Edge - Split"
    + [Extra Credit]: It would be nice to run an export script at this point and verify that pedigree IDs are preserved,
      but that would be a lot of work; ask John about how to proceed.
+ "Edge - Create from Points"
    + Manually specify a simple (triangle or quadrilateral) by specifying point coordinates.
+ "Model - Add Auxiliary Geometry"
    + Run this operator several times to verify that we can import:
        + VTK XML polydata (".vtp") files
        + Wavefront (".obj") files
        + Stanford triangle format (".ply") files
        + Point cloud (".xyz") files
    + We will need to find examples for some of these formats.