[Smtk-developers] Exodus session changes

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue May 23 14:13:51 EDT 2017

Hi Bob,

Here's what I think it will take to change the Exodus session so that some blocks may be presented as cells (volumes, faces, edges, ...) instead of groups. In smtk/bridge/exodus/Session.cxx:

1. lines 310--327 will need to change so that insertCellOfDimension(dim) is called instead of insertGroup().

2. lines 387--390 will need to change how children are added to their parents

3. lines 419, 424, 429 (which call setMembershipMask) on SMTK group entities need to be removed since the SMTK entities will now be cells.

I'm not sure of all the side effects, but that should get you to the next step.

	David