[Smtk-developers] qtFileItem and/or FileItem

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu May 4 17:39:18 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I believe that some changes have recently been made to either qtFileItem or FileItem (or FileSystemItem?) that only accept files with a given suffix. That appears to have a small bug in qtFileItem's behavior:

Upon typing an initial filename, the QLineEdit's background is colored red until the proper extension is added. However, changing the filename afterwards by removing the extension does not mark the background red until the filename is completely empty. This would not be so bad except that the underlying FileItem does not accept the edits, so users have no visual feedback that what they've entered is not reflected in the underlying attribute.

Should I file an issue for this in the tracker? If so, who may I assign it to (besides myself :-)?

	Thanks,
	David