[Smtk-developers] Local smtk visual tests fail after update

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Sat Mar 18 12:09:58 EDT 2017

Hi TJ,

> Thanks David! The following tests fail for me:
>
> 	109 - BathymetryTestChesapeakeBay (Failed)
> 	140 - exoReadFilePy (Failed)
> 	141 - slacReadFilePy (Failed)
>
> They all fail with this type of error message:
>
> 109: Failed Image Test ( bathymetryTestChesapeakeBay.png ) : 1e+299
> 109: Image differencing failed to produce an image because images are different size:
> 109: Valid image: 299, 299, 0
> 109: Test image: 149, 149, 0
>
> I’m not sure if these are specific to the paraview visualization.

Most of the tests that end in "Py" are not related to PV at all, e.g., exoReadFile is an SMTK test that uses smtk.testing.TestCase to create a native-OS render window (not a Qt OpenGL render window). But the PV tests, e.g., BathymetryTestChesapeakeBay, create a Qt OpenGL render window (because they use PV for rendering). I am surprised they both fail the same way as the dashboards generally have different behaviors for native-OS vs. Qt render windows on retina displays.

	David