[Smtk-developers] Breaking change

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Jun 7 13:26:22 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm pushing changes to the "save smtk model" operator and its custom UI panel (smtkSaveModelView) that will break CMB without additional changes -- which I am also going to merge now. So be aware that both need to be updated at once.

FYI: These changes split the operator into 2 operators: the existing one and a new one named "export smtk model". The "save smtk model" operator always marks the model(s) you save as clean/unmodified and does not move files away from their current location. The "export smtk model" ensures that all files (auxiliary geometry/image, meshes, model kernel data, etc.) are in the same directory or a subdirectory of the SMTK file and does *not* mark the model as clean. In this way, "export smtk model" acts like "Save a copy".

	David