[Smtk-developers] rtvl in SMTK

TJ Corona tj.corona at kitware.com
Wed Aug 23 17:06:56 EDT 2017

Hi all,

As a developer on a Mac, I’ve always gotten these annoying messages about rt(v/g)l and symbol visibility mismatching. It used to be in CMB, but with the recent move of the terrain extraction code to SMTK, it now shows up whenever I try to build SMTK. Untended warnings lead to more warnings and broken dashboards, so I spoke with Ben to figure out how to approach this issue. One possible fix we came up with is to update the superbuild’s VXL to the latest version, use the rtvl from within vxl and fix up vxl’s symbol export logic to do the right thing (apparently the latest master has much of this done, but it has not been propagated to rt(v/g)l). What do you guys think?

Sincerely,
T.J.

Thomas J. Corona, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.