[Smtk-developers] Supressing shiboken warnings

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Sat Oct 22 08:17:36 EDT 2016

Hi Ben (et al.),

I submitted a PR on shiboken's smtk-head branch (which is what I believe the CMB superbuild pulls) that will allow us to suppress the remaining warnings that looked like:

** WARNING scope not found for symbol:KWIML_INT_detail_VERIFY_SIGN_::uintptr_t_v1
** WARNING scope not found for symbol:KWIML_INT_detail_VERIFY_SIGN_::uintptr_t_v1
** WARNING scope not found for function definition:vtkBuffer<ScalarT>::New
	definition *ignored*

The issue was that the messages were being printed straight to cerr instead of passed to the ReportHandler. The patch fixes only those warnings which are actually appearing in SMTK/CMB builds, not all the cerr output.

I've also added the necessary magic to smtk/typesystem.xml in [SMTK MR 301]().

	David

[SMTK MR 301]: https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/smtk/merge_requests/301