[Smtk-developers] Operator View

Bob Obara bob.obara at kitware.com
Thu Oct 20 17:54:08 EDT 2016

Hi All,

So I’m designing the operator view base calls - which would be used as the default GUI for an operator.  I just wanted to describe some of the design:

1. It assumes that the operator is defined by a single attribute definition/attribute - the old way was reusing the existing instanced attribute view.  The reason for doing this is to know where to grab the association information.

2. In addition to the top level view attribute it will also have

a. auto_apply attribute indicating that by default this operation does not need to use the View but instead can be automatically applied.  This can be over ridden by a setting on the “operation manager”

b. no_apply attribute indicating that the operator does not need an apply button

3. If the operation requires more than one model entity - a list box will be displayed instead of a combo box.  (if it takes in a single entity than it will still use a combo box)

If you have any comments or suggestions let me know!

Bob

Robert M. O'Bara, MEng.
Assistant Director of Scientific Computing

Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Suite 101
Clifton Park, NY 12065