[Smtk-developers] Proposed change to Attribute and Item Definitions

John Tourtellott john.tourtellott at kitware.com
Wed Nov 23 15:27:12 EST 2016

With regard to Label, you could still support it "inline" with the
definition, and allow the View to override it. (And in turn, allow a
workflow spec to override a view-specified Label, I suppose.) However, I'm
not sure I like this, since it is the inverse of the standard
css-inheritance paradigm. If we want to keep it simple, I would move it to
the view, even though I know I'll complain about it later :)

As for workflows overriding default values:

   - I don't foresee multiple/different workflows sharing the same
   attribute definitions, but maybe my thinking is too limited here.
   - If there are use-cases for that (different workflows using variations
   of the same definitions), then we might want the workflows to override
   other definition characteristics in addition to the default value.