[Smtk-developers] Using C++ 11 Syntax

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Tue Jun 21 08:29:09 EDT 2016

Mac-clang by default compiles in a warn-but-allow-c++11 mode
currently, which means we need to explicitly state that we want to
compile smtk with c++11.

To keep the build logic simpler I agree with ben that we need to make
sure our dashboards are all using compilers that support the set of
C++11 features
we desire. A quick search shows that GCC 4.8.X does support most of
C++11 language features ( including auto ), but has problems with
standard library features.