[Smtk-developers] Using C++ 11 Syntax

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Sun Jun 19 14:42:47 EDT 2016

Hi Bob,

> I would like to start using some parts of C++ 11 - for example using auto.  Do feel that this is ok?  I noticed that when I used auto I got a warning from building on the Mac.

I am fine with requiring C++11. In fact, Rob has opened a bug on the polygon session as it uses one bit that some compilers complain about (see [bug 13]() for details). I was planning to just disable the polygon session for older compilers rather than require C++11, but if you want to require C++11, I prefer that -- assuming all the platforms have at least one compiler that supports all the language features we use.

	David

[bug 13]: https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/smtk/issues/13