[Smtk-developers] Operator visibility

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Jun 17 13:52:49 EDT 2016

Hi Bob,

We had discussed operators indicating whether they should be hidden by default or not. How would you model this in the attribute system? Here are a few ideas I had:

1. Is it possible for attributes (the operators) to change the default of an inherited item?
2. The presence of an item with a particular name (like "hidden") indicates invisibility?
3. Internal operator definitions could inherit from "hidden operator" (which in turn would inherit the base  "operator" attribute definition.

I think 3 sounds like the best unless #1 is possible.

	David