[Smtk-developers] Reading a IGES/STEP file using SMTK

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Dec 13 16:44:39 EST 2016

Hi Jonathan,

> I am trying to read .Step/.Iges files using SMTK.
>
> But since there is a dependency for Cubit in the CGM reader and I don’t have a license for Cubit, I am not able to build this module:
> https://github.com/Kitware/SMTK/blob/master/smtk/bridge/cgm/operators/Read.cxx

Actually, that module only requires CGM (which was once part of Cubit but was open-sourced**). If you build CGM with OpenCascade, then you will be able to load STEP and IGES files via OpenCascade.

We have a "superbuild" (a CMake project to fetch and build a package PLUS all of its dependencies) of SMTK that will build OpenCascade and CGM here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/cmb-superbuild . Even if you don't use the superbuild, you can see how it configures OpenCascade and CGM.

	David

** https://bitbucket.org/fathomteam/cgm