[Smtk-developers] Build failure

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Aug 31 18:14:41 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I updated my SMTK repo and got an error when linking vtkSMTKReaderExt:

  "vtkDataSetRegionSurfaceFilter::New()", referenced from:
      vtkNew<vtkDataSetRegionSurfaceFilter>::vtkNew() in vtkCMBGeometryReader.cxx.o

My SMTK repo is a submodule in a developer-mode CMB checkout+build and is built with ParaView support (not VTK-only). I was able to get things working again by adding:

  target_link_libraries(${vtk-module} LINK_PRIVATE vtkPVVTKExtensionsDefault)

just after "if (SMTK_ENABLE_PARAVIEW_SUPPORT)" in smtk/extension/vtk/reader/CMakeLists.txt. Did I forget to do something or is this a real issue?

	Thanks,
	David