[Smtk-developers] Help

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Jun 24 14:34:20 EDT 2015

Hi Indu,

The error does not look like a library issue. Library issues would show up when you run "import smtk". The only way it could be a library issue is if you have multiple versions of the same SMTK libraries and are loading in mismatched versions.

Are you certain that line is the one causing the problem? If I run

	import smtk
	smtk.attribute.Item()

I get the error you are reporting (because indeed Item is an abstract class). Does "smtk.attribute.Item()" appear anywhere in your script?

	David