[Smtk-developers] Mailing Lists for CMB and SMTK and Docs

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Oct 28 16:14:45 EDT 2014

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 12:04 PM, Bob O'Bara  wrote:
> I've also pushed the changes I made to the attribute documentation - I need to work on the Item Defs and the Views.   David, is there a way to add subsections to the left hand side so a user could navigate through the doc quickly?

Not yet, but it is a requested feature:

 https://github.com/snide/sphinx_rtd_theme/issues/76

However, I have pushed a small restructure that breaks the section into mutliple pages (files) with a table of contents at the top of the attribute section. Does that help?

The restructure also moves things into doc/user (from just having the userguide in doc/) to match the doxygen reference documentation being put in doc/reference.

FYI, this required changing some file-internal references (of the form "refname_") to cross-file references (of the form ":ref:`refname`"). The latter is preferable so that if we split things into more files later, the references remain valid.

Finally, the commit also includes a new Sphinx extension named findfigure. I've changed the documentation to use the findimage directive instead of image and findfigure instead of figure. This makes it
1. possible to refer to generated figures placed in the build directory and
2. easier to refer to figures without including the relative path to it.

Instead of looking for a figure file relative to the current directory, findfigure/findimage look for the file in a search path that includes the current directory PLUS some fixed directories (the doc/userguide/figures directory in the source tree and the toplevel build tree).

	David