[Smtk-developers] Normals on CAD models

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Nov 20 20:53:18 EST 2014

Hi Bob,

I've pushed a branch ("polynormals") to SMTK/stage that runs vtkPolyDataNormals on tessellation information returned by CGM (well, and other bridges, too). However, I haven't merged it to master because it slows things down pretty tremendously.

A flashy picture of the cylinder head is attached, though. You can see that the triangulation is still coarse but a lot of the shading is smooth. There are seams at face boundaries (as expected because vtkPolyDataNormals doesn't know the true curvature).

	David