[Smtk-developers] New CGM operators

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Nov 14 11:35:24 EST 2014

Hi Yumin,

> * Creating sphere return a sphere, sort of (see attached )

Hehe. That is actually a nice sphere, as long as you don't care about chord error being about 10% of the diameter. You can change it by calling

  Bridge* cgmBridge;
  cgmBridge->setup("tessellation maximum relative chord error", "0.01");
  cgmBridge->setup("tessellation maximum angle error", "5");

The first parameter is a fraction of the diameter of all geometry in the bridge session used to bound chord error.

The second parameter is an angle in degrees and is the maximum difference between the linear/triangular approximation and the true geometry at each tessellation point (as I understand the CGM/OCC documentation).

The only problem is that I have not updated the cmbForwardingBridge and vtkSMModelManagerProxy to forward these calls over the client/server connection. But it should not be difficult. Note that both the parameter name and value are strings at this point.

> * Creating Vertex, Edge, Face did not work for me. No geometry returned, and sometime crash. I believe the crashes were from cgm, and I don't have useful backtrace info from the crash.

OK. I will try to replicate and see what's up.

	David