[Smtk-developers] cmb_v4 update

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Thu Dec 4 21:48:49 EST 2014

Hi Dave,

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 9:07 PM, David Thompson <david.thompson at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Hi Yumin,
>
> > I forgot to mention that the display controls in the context menu is
> based on which model entity you right-clicked on in the view, if you don't
> click on any entity (geometry), the context menu will only contains "Show
> All Models".
>
> This looks great! And the "universal operators" branch I've merged into
> SMTK includes a model operator ("set property") that can be used to change
> the color and other modeling-entity properties, even across remote bridges.
> So it should be possible to keep the Qt UI and ParaView UI in sync,
> although that will also require  redraw events to be emitted when the
> operator is run.

That makes sense. Also, do you think a "group" operator should be the
"universal operators" ? Basically, this will be the operator to allow user
to group entities based on some constraints or no constraints, such as
face-group or edge-group in discrete bridge.

I would have changed pqModelBuilderViewContextMenuBehavior::setBlockColor
> (and the other methods that change the visibility and opacity) so that they
> invoke the operator, but I don't see how to obtain the SMTK UUID associated
> the block in question. Can you give me a call tomorrow so we can discuss
> how to make that work?

Sure, I will call you tomorrow morning. BTW, I am very close to get some UI
working for ModelEntityItem, hopefully you could give me some feedbacks on
that.

Yumin